January Plugin Updates
January has been a busy month for Plugins. Nearly a dozen Plugins were updated today to address newer versions or security fixes. We’ve also have a user-contributed plugin for OpenVPN and are actively looking for testers willing to install, use, and provide feedback for that plugin.
If you’re new to updating Plugins on the 11.2 series, read through December FreeNAS Plugins Updates first for an overview.
It’s important to always read the Changelog before updating a plugin so you are aware of any known caveats associated with updating to the new version. For this reason, we include hyperlinks to the Changelogs in this blog post.
These Plugins have updates available:
- ClamAV updated from 0.100.2 to 0.101.1,1.
- GitLab updated from 11.5.4 to 11.6.4. This is a major version update which introduces many new features and some deprecations. Due to the major bump, also refer to the Changelogs for 11.6.1, 11.6.2, and 11.6.3. This update also addresses CVE-2019-6240.
- irssi updated from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2,1 to address CVE-2019-5882.
- Jenkins updated from 2.155 to 2.161to address a security vulnerability.
- Jenkins (LTS) updated from 2.150.1 to 2.150.2 to address a security vulnerability.
- Nextcloud updated from 15.0.0 to 15.0.2. If your current version is below 15.0.0, also carefully read the 15.0.0 Changelog before updating as moving to 15.0.0 is a major version bump. This month’s update also added optional Imagemagick support to allow thumbnail support.
- PlexMediaServer updated from 18.104.22.16870 to 22.214.171.12488.
- PlexMediaServer (PlexPass) updated from 126.96.36.19987 to 188.8.131.5288.
- qbittorrent updated from 4.1.3 to 4.1.5_1.
- Syncthing updated from 0.14.54 to 1.0.0.
- XMRig updated from 2.8.3 to 2.9.4.
OpenVPN Plugin for Testing
Since this plugin is still in the testing stage, it must be installed from the command line of the FreeNAS system. Once installed, it will be added to the Plugins → Installed Plugins page of the UI where it can be managed like any other plugin.
To install from the FreeNAS command line:
git clone https://github.com/gitbulb/iocage-plugin-openvpn
iocage fetch -P -n ./openvpn dhcp=on bpf=yes vnet=on --accept
If you run into any issues using this plugin or have comments on how to improve this plugin, create a github pull request or issue at https://github.com/gitbulb/iocage-plugin-openvpn. That link also contains a detailed README for configuring and using this plugin.