FreeNAS 18.104.22.168-RELEASE is Now Available
FreeNAS 22.214.171.124-RELEASE is available here: https://www.freenas.org/download/.
All bugs fixed in FreeNAS 126.96.36.199-RELEASE can be found here: https://bugs.freenas.org/projects/freenas/issues?query_id=78.
The major items of interest are mentioned in the ReleaseNotes here: http://download.freenas.org/188.8.131.52/RELEASE/ReleaseNotes.
These items include:
- Samba is updated to 4.1.9
- Netatalk is updated to 3.1.2
- Several fixes related to the System Dataset
- A new VirtualBox jail template
- Several fixes related to ZFS replication
- A new mpr driver, officially sanctioned by LSI, for the LSI 12 Gbps SAS HBA
- An experimental in-kernel iSCSI target
- A .usb file which can be imaged to a USB key. This can be used for installing FreeNAS from a USB key.
- various iSCSI fixes
- scponly shell has been fixed
- SMB2 protocol is the default for CIFS shares
- VirtualBox template updated to 4.3.12
- Security fixes in file(1) and libmagic(3), and gss_pseudo_random interoperability issue. CVE-2013-7345, CVE-2014-1943, CVE-2014-2270, [EN-14:08]
The following bugs were fixed since 184.108.40.206-RC2:
- performance improvements of ZFS ZVOLS when used over ISCSI with VMWare ESX
- UI fixes for jails
- other fixes
The FreeNAS development team would like to thank all the testers who provided feedback and bug reports for FreeNAS 220.127.116.11-BETA, 18.104.22.168-RC, and 22.214.171.124-RC2.
Thank you for using FreeNAS!
– The FreeNAS Development Team