iX-22X4 Multi-Node HPC Server
iXsystems is proud to introduce the latest offering in our iX-Neutron line, the iX-22X4: Gemini Squared
From the front, the Gemini Squared looks like a standard 2U server. Within the interior, however, 4 highly efficient, extremely powerful RAID 5 capable servers hide. Each node supports the latest Intel Six-Core, Quad-Core, or Dual-Core 5600/5500 series processors, up to 192GB of DDR3 memory and three 3.5” hot-swappable hard drives.
- Maximize your processing requirements with eight Six-Core, Quad-Core, or Dual-Core Intel® Xeon® Processors (2 Processors per node)
- Get faster performance with the power of next-generation Intel microarchitecture, which automatically increases processor frequency and utilizes hyper-threading when needed.
- Reduce energy use with Intel Intelligent Power Technology, which puts CPU and memory into an optimal power state while still delivering the performance you need.
- Virtualize different generations of Intel Xeon processors within the same pool to deliver increased performance and flexibility during high-use periods and impressive energy savings during low-use periods.
Check out the features!
The Gemini Squared's system architecture achieves breakthrough x86 server performance-per-watt (375 GFLOPS/kW) to further satisfy the ever-increasing efficiency, density and low-TCO demands of today's high performance computing (HPC) clusters and data centers. The Gemini Squared's motherboard is VMWare® Ready certified, making it perfect for flexible virtualization.
Four hot-pluggable systems (nodes) in a 2U form factor. Each node supports the following
- 3 x 3.5" SAS/SATA Hot-swappable Drive Bays
- Dual Intel® 64-Bit Socket 1366 Six-Core, Quad-Core or Dual-Core, 5600/5500 Series Xeon® Processors
- Intel 5500 Chipset with QuickPath Interconnect (QPI)
- Up to 192GB DDR3 1333/1066/800 SDRAM ECC Registered Memory
- 1 (x16) PCI-E ( Low Profile)
- Intel 82576 Dual Port Gigabit Ethernet Controller
- Matrox G200eW 8 MB DDR2 Memory Video
- Integrated Remote Management - IPMI 2.0 + IP-KVM with dedicated LAN
- All four nodes share Redundant 1400W High-efficiency Power Supplies with PMBus (Gold Level 92%+)
- Quick Release Rackmount Rail Set included
Our products use the latest and greatest technology
|CPU||Supports Dual Intel® Xeon® processor 5600/5500 Series, with QPI up to 6.4 GT/s|
|Memory||12x 240-pin DIMM sockets
Supports up to 192 GB 1333 / 1066 / 800MHz DDR3 ECC Registered memory
Supports up to 48 GB 1333 / 1066 / 800MHz DDR3 ECC Unbuffered memory
Memory Mirroring supported
|Chipset||Intel® 5500 Chipset|
|Network||Intel® 82576 Dual-Port Gigabit Ethernet Controller 1x Realtek RTL8201N PHY (dedicated IPMI)|
|Remote Management||Integrated Intelligent Platform Management Interface v.2.0 IPMI 2.0 with virtual media over LAN and KVM-over-LAN support
Dedicated LAN Winbond® WPCM450 BMC
|Video||Onboard Matrox G200eW Graphics|
|Form Factor||4 Node 2U rack-mountable chassis|
|Dimensions||17.2"W x 3.5"H x 28.5"D|
|Fans||4x 80mm PWM cooling fans|
|Mounting Rails||Yes – Quick/Quick|
|Hard Drive Bays||12 x 3.5" (3 Per node) Hot-Swap SAS/SATA|
|Solid State Storage||Optional|
|Optical Drive (Optional)||No|
|Controller||Intel® ICH10R SATA built-in 3.0Gbps RAID Controller|
|RAID support||SATA 3.0Gbps Controller provides RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10|
|Expansion Slot||1 (x16) PCI-E 2.0 (1 Per node)|
|USB Ports||2 x rear USB ports
1 x USB internal header (3 ports)
|Serial ATA||6 x SATA 3.0 Gbps ports|
|Serial Ports||1 x Fast UART 16550 serial port|
|LAN||2 x LAN ports, RJ-45|
|VGA||1 x VGA port|
|System Reset Button||Yes|
|Hard Drive Activity LED||Yes|
|Network Activity LEDs||Yes, 2 x Network Activity LEDs|
|System Overheat LED||Yes|
|Power Fail LED||Yes|
|Power Supply||Redundant 1400W high-efficiency power supplies with PMBus (92% Plus Certified)|
iXsystems remote server management (based on the IPMI standard) consists of hardware and software components that allow system administrators to securely manage, monitor, diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair servers from a remote location, any place, any time.
IPMI provides many benefits, including:
- Save time and money by configuring, monitoring, and troubleshooting servers remotely, conserving on-site resources and saving time.
- Manage distributed servers from a remote console: a dedicated network card or shared onboard LAN port gives you full access to power management, remote media redirection, and remote KVM access.
- Better Disaster recovery: Access a server even after a server failure, power outage, or connection interruption.
- Simple Interface: Control the server from any java-enabled web browser, even if the server is down.